Before becoming a real estate agent, I spent twenty years in the wireless communications industry, holding various technical positions, including developer, analyst, and director. During this time, I got the most satisfaction from improving operational efficiencies, working with customers and meeting their needs, and helping direct reports and colleagues realize their potential. I love technology, problem solving, working with people, and applying my skillset to make things operate efficiently. Now I it's my pleasure to apply what I learned from the fast-paced, highly competitive wireless industry, to pursue my long-time desire to get involved with real estate and to help clients and customers have the best possible, positive experience in selling their homes or finding that unique or special place that best meets their needs.
I grew up in Springfield, Missouri, attended university at Missouri State University, and now live in Kansas City, with a vacation home on Table Rock Lake. My undergraduate degree is in Education/Chemistry and I have three master’s degrees. See my LinkedIn profile for more detail on my education and work history.
I have always enjoyed looking at and working on houses. I rehabbed my current and one other house in the Brookside area and designed my vacation home, doing as much of the work as possible, myself. I have also owned condominiums in the Brookside and Crossroads areas. Let me put this experience to work for you in selling your home or looking for a new one!
When I am not working, I enjoy water and snow skiing, weight lifting, science fiction, classical music, international travel, and running. I especially enjoy running, having completed 34 marathons, including the Pike’s Peak Marathon five times and the Berlin Marathon.
I have always believed that is important to "give back" through volunteering and community engagement, as this enriches the lives of all involved. Even when I was in college as an undergraduate I was president of the local Humane Society as well as vice president of my fraternity, in charge of chapter engagement and community outreach.
Here are my volunteering and community engagement activities:
- President,Chemistry Advisory Board, MSU
- President-Elect, Kansas City Symphony Alliance
- Immediate Past President, Association of Major Symphony Orchestra Volunteers
- Member, Missouri State University Founders' Club
- Member, Society of Fellows, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- Member, Stone County Historical Society
- Founder, Lucille Strawson Abbeglen Scholarship, Missouri State University Foundation
- President, Association of Major Symphony Orchestra Volunteers
- Biennial Conference Chair, Association of Major Symphony Orchestra Volunteers
- Board of Directors, League of American Orchestras Volunteer Council
- President, Friends of the Kansas City Symphony
- President, Friends of the Heart of American Shakespeare Festival
- President, Southwest Missouri Humane Society
- Vice President, Lambda Chi Alpha - Beta Psi Chapter
Feedback I have Received:
Mike is very energetic, thorough and able to tackle multi tasking of his responsibilities. He is definitely a people person.
Mike has demonstrated a high level of competency and dedication to the group throughout the year. Mike has demonstrated the ability to work under difficult situations and to be flexible and diligent as conditions in our work environment change. Mike puts in long hours and is willing to go the extra mile for customers and the team.
Mike is a rare, creative talent. He has the somewhat unique ability to see a path where others see obstacles. His individual skills and talents are much in demand.